Auto Insurance in Texas

What’s Required for Texas Auto Insurance?

In Brownwood, TX and throughout the state, you are required to have auto insurance. You have to have $60,000 of insurance per accident for bodily injury liability and $25,000 for liability for property damage. You also need to have $2,500 for personal injury protection, $60,000 for uninsured motorist for bodily injury, and $25,000 for uninsured motorist for property damage. However, you can reject coverage for personal injury protection, as well as uninsured motorist property damage and bodily injury coverage. While you can dismiss them, you may not want to because they benefit you in the event you get into an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance or enough insurance.

The required amounts for bodily injury and property damage pay for damages and injuries to others and do not cover your own expenses. You must have proof of insurance if you register your car, get a car inspection, complete specific transactions related to your driver’s license, and if you are pulled over by a law enforcement official. Without insurance, you could face fines.

Other Optional Coverage in Texas

While uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection aren't required, there are other insurance options you can get from an agent at Robnett Integra Insurance Services. Collision coverage can help pay for expenses in order to replace or repair your car after it’s been damaged in an accident. Comprehensive coverage can help pay for costs to replace or repair your vehicle if it has been stolen or receives damage from an event that is not an accident, such as vandalism or storms. Collision and comprehensive coverage could be required if you are paying off your car with a lender, or if you are leasing it. If you have otherwise paid off your car, you could consider dropping these coverage options, but know your car won’t be protected if it is damaged.

Contact Robnett Integra Insurance Services, serving Brownwood, TX, to get a quote on auto insurance.